SAN DIEGO, April 15, 2020 (Newswire.com) – Carrier Johnson + CULTURE, an award-winning, international architecture firm that specializes in architectural design, landscape architecture, and more, has promoted Jackie Angel to the role of Associate Principal, where she will be responsible for continued efforts on targeting areas in which the firm can improve operations, revenue margins, along with improving employee retention and productivity.
Jackie was hired as Controller by CJ+C, promoted to Director of Operations in 2015 and now promoted to Associate Principal. Her value increases every single day.
Vincent Mudd, Managing Partner, Principal, stated, “Carrier Johnson + CULTURE is the highest performing architectural business in Southern California as a direct result of Jackie’s exceptional strategic execution and ISO Performance as our Director of Operations.”
Jackie is a dedicated, loyal, determined individual who perseveres in any challenging circumstance, takes a proactive approach and will always think of a better way to execute, both efficiently and cost-effectively. Her motto is “Impossible is not a definite, it is a dare.” Jackie is one of those people who believes there are no challenges, but only opportunities.
In her 15 years with the firm, Jackie has diligently and very effectively developed processes and procedures that have been successfully implemented. Jackie’s achievements with Carrier Johnson + CULTURE include but are not limited to the following:
- ISO Certification-working through the necessary steps of ISO 9001 Certification, paving the way for Carrier Johnson to become fully certified.
- Office Relocation: She successfully managed the entire process of their San Diego office relocation, which was conceived, permitted, built and executed in four months with no lost production time or outside financing.
- She is the Plan Administrator for CJ+C’s 401k Plan and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and has complete responsibility for both plans.
Aside from who Jackie is as an individual and her achievements, she reaches beyond and serves in the community. With Jackie’s guidance, the firm has been involved in various local outreach organizations and supports numerous charities: Serving Seniors, American Heart Association, Surfing Madonna Oceans Project, and Tables for Tots.
SAN DIEGO, April 13, 2020 (Newswire.com) – San Diego-based Carrier Johnson + Culture, a global Architecture, Interior Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Urban Design firm, is pleased to announce the promotion of Manuela Bravo-Smith as Director of the firm’s award-winning Interior Architecture offering.
As Director of Interior Architecture, Manuela will lead the firm’s efforts towards growing its design talent, while overseeing project delivery among its team of design professionals. Manuela’s commitment to team leadership has long been in the making, as she says, ”Challenge leads to opportunity, and now is the right time to realize that opportunity.” Manuela offers an award-winning design resume supporting her ability to excel in this important design leadership role.
Manuela’s notable interior design projects include:
- LAX Hyatt Place Renovation – 280,000 s.f. adaptive reuse/conversion of an existing office building to a dual-branded Hyatt House/Place hotel totaling 403 keys. In progress.
- Tower 180 – Repositioning of an existing 25-story high-rise, eight-story low-rise, and a six-story parking structure in Downtown San Diego. The project also includes a complete exterior renovation to both the low-rise and high-rise office tower and a complete upgrade of the common area spaces of the building. Completed 2020.
- San Diego Padres Compass Premier Club – Renovation of existing hospitality space including upgraded seating with larger seats, a new storefront system, a new bar and cook stations for exclusive Padres club members. Completed 2019.
- 5750 Hollywood Blvd. – Seven-story, 267,659 s.f. mixed-use multi-family development in Los Angeles consisting of 161 units and 5,700 s.f. of retail space. In progress.
Whether a project’s specific design focus is Life Science, Lab Planning, Hospitality, Residential, Restaurant, Retail or Corporate Office space, her over 20 years of award-winning experience has delivered on them all. While at CJ+C, Manuela has combined her design leadership and experience with diverse building types to consistently elevate the talent around her. The move to Director of Interior Architecture was a natural one.
Since joining CJ+C, Manuela has worked to prepare herself for this significant leadership role, consistently demonstrating her capacity to mentor and working seamlessly with the firm’s Architecture, Urban Design, and Landscape Architecture talent, while building the respect of clients through outstanding execution of design thinking. Her focus looking forward is to continue to elevate CJ+C’s 43-year history of the design and delivery of high-profile interior environments to the marketplace.
The CJ+C family welcomes Manuela Bravo-Smith to this significant design leadership role.
Carrier Johnson + CULTURE, an award-winning, international architecture firm that specializes in architectural design, landscape architecture, and more, has promoted Michael Stonehouse to the role of Associate Principal.
Michael has over 30 years of experience as an architect and project manager including planning, design, yield studies and entitlements for commercial, retail, urban residential and mixed-use projects. He attended California Polytechnic State University, Pomona where he earned a Bachelor of Architecture degree, and is a registered Architect in the State of California. Considered an entitlement specialist, Michael manages the procurement of development permits for large-scale architectural projects in San Diego and Riverside Counties.
Michael’s notable projects in San Diego include:
- National University Programming and Master Plan – Team member in preparation of urban master plan, detailed technical programming, and conceptual design for the University’s academic, event, foodservice, learning, administrative, and student support buildings and spaces.
- San Diego State University Mission Valley Campus – Team leader in preparation of urban master plan and architectural studies for the implementation of the new SDSU Mission Valley campus at the former Qualcomm Stadium site. The mixed-use plan includes 1.6M sf of campus office, 4,600 residential units, retail and a new 35,000-seat Aztec football stadium.
- Tower 180 – Project Manager for the 25-story Class-A office building remodel in Downtown that includes the replacement of the entire curtain wall system, renovation of the main lobby, select elevator lobbies, roof terraces, and tenant improvements.
Michael effectively makes a positive impact on the environment at Carrier Johnson + CULTURE. “Michael brings a level of subject matter expertise in Entitlement that is without par. In addition to playing strategic roles in his market clusters, Michael has a history of innovation, creativity and thoughtful purpose which will allow CJ+C to continue our exceptional growth,” says Vincent Mudd, Managing Principal at Carrier Johnson + CULTURE. Collaboration and talent are vital to the success of the firm.
Thank you to Urbanize.LA for the article featuring our Shoreline Gateway Tower project. Designed collaboratively by CJ+C, Studio One Eleven and Relm, the Shoreline Gateway development, a 35-story residential and mixed-use tower will be the tallest building in Long Beach. The tower will consist of 315 studio, one-, and two-bedroom apartments atop 6,460 square feet of ground-floor retail space, five levels of subterranean parking and amenity decks at the third floor and roof level. Read more about the amenities and details in the full article here: bit.ly/ShorelineGatewayTower
Construction photo credit: Urbanize.LA
SAN DIEGO, April 29, 2020 (Newswire.com) – Carrier Johnson + CULTURE has named William CH Wang as Director of the award-winning, international architecture firm’s Los Angeles office. “The L.A. marketplace has the ability to grow at a higher rate than many other markets in the world, and Carrier Johnson intends to have an outsized role in this growth. William brings CJ the necessary talent, experience, curiosity and energy to ensure we have direct input in the future success of this amazing region,” stated Vincent E. Mudd, Managing Partner, Principal. William’s impact that he will make in the L.A. marketplace is evident within his strategies, performance and commitment. Being intrigued by the quality of work completed by Carrier Johnson + CULTURE and the trend-setting, innovative group, William will contribute to the CULTURE of Carrier Johnson with his belief and approach towards team building and project execution by supporting and empowering each team member to be decision-makers and committed through execution, as well as striving to efficiently and effectively overcome any project challenges.
A well-seasoned project director and designer, William will lead, mentor, empower, support and transform the overall project performance of the Los Angeles team and staff by establishing motivation and an execution plan to follow. According to William, “A successful and effective project always derives from a conjunction of progressive vision and creative, yet functional, development.” His experience with mixed-use, commercial-retail, residential, office tower, hospitality and retail T.I. projects will carry over into his role leading the strategic vision for the Los Angeles team with collaboration from the San Diego team. William champions the idea of innovation and creativity within the real realm and quality control effort starts from project kick-off.
Having received his Bachelor of Architecture from Southern California Institute of Architecture, William is also a LEED Accredited Professional. With over 20 years of experience and his professional associations with the American Institute of Architects (AIA), the American Planning Association (APA) and the Retail Design Institute (RDI), he will be an asset as Director and further the continued exponential growth of the firm. As well as mentoring, recruiting and overall team growth, William will lead the business/client development, outreach, promotion, marketing and the Carrier Johnson + CULTURE brand, taking it to new heights. The firm welcomes William CH Wang as Director of the Los Angeles office and is already impressed by the strides he is making.