We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Architectural Technology Director to join Carrier Johnson +CULTURE. The Architectural Technology Director will be responsible for providing technical leadership, guidance, and oversight for architectural projects. They will work closely with project teams, collaborating with architects, designers, and project managers to ensure the technical quality, efficiency, and compliance of project deliverables, and sustain the stable operation of in-house BIM software on a per project basis. This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all BIM projects, and workflows assigned to the coordinators. The Technology Director will also analyze and resolve user specific and project specific BIM program issues in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user training where required, and oversee the rest of the BIM team. Lastly, the Technology Director will assist the BIM project teams in the coordination of the building information model within the organization and across other disciplines and consultants. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in leading teams dealing with architectural design, construction documentation, and building technologies.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to project teams throughout the design and construction phases
- Collaborate with architects, designers, and project managers to resolve technical challenges and optimize design solutions
- Conduct quality control checks to ensure accuracy, consistency, and completeness of all BIM models to confirm adherence to company standards.
- Stay updated with emerging building technologies, materials, and construction practices
- Identify and implement process improvements to enhance technical efficiency and productivity
- Mentor and train staff members on technical best practices and emerging technologies
- Future planning for potential BIM usages across the company
- Coordinate with consultants and external partners to integrate their technical requirements and expertise into project deliverables
- Participate in client meetings and presentations to address technical inquiries and provide expert advice
- Ability to interface with other digital design tools including SketchUP, 3DsMax, Rhino; grasshopper and/or dynamo is a plus
- Manage Autodesk Bim 360 online server across all projects for documents management and collaboration.
- Perform Navisworks clash detections and coordinate results with Project Architect and design consultants.
- Support project teams in modeling efforts, development of project specific families, assemblies, and groups as needed
- Manage and create project specific templates and manage BIM project setup
- Administer strategies for document and data management as it relates to BIM user outputs, including collection, revision, and archiving.
- Assist with Install, configure, and initiate BIM software, related hardware, and any other corresponding IT assets.
- Oversee all technology operations (e.g. network security) and evaluate them according to established goals
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management.
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technological needs.
- Purchase efficient and cost-effective technological equipment and software.
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to upper management.
- Coordinate Third Party IT Providers and technicians and other professionals to provide guidance.
- Control budget and report on expenditure
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or a related field
- Extensive experience in architectural design and construction documentation
- Proficiency in architectural software such as Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD, and other relevant design tools
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal abilities
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to manage and motivate teams
- Proven track record of successfully delivering complex architectural projects
- Experience with sustainable design principles and certifications (LEED, WELL, etc.) is a plus
- At least 8 years direct experience operating, programming, and administrating BIM applications (i.e. Revit, ArchiCAD, etc.).
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer-service, desktop support orientation.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
The Architectural Technology Director is a key leadership position within our firm, responsible for ensuring the technical excellence and quality of our architectural projects. By providing expertise, guidance, and mentorship, the Architectural Technical Director plays a critical role in driving innovation, improving technical processes, and maintaining our commitment to delivering outstanding architectural solutions to our clients.
Carrier Johnson Benefits Summary
Health, Disability, Retirement & Other Benefits & Amenities
As a regular, full-time employee, you are eligible to participate in all of Carrier Johnson + CULTURE sponsored benefits, plans and activities. Carrier Johnson + CULTURE offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan and flexible spending programs. Carrier Johnson + CULTURE is pleased to provide 100% coverage for employee medical, dental and vision plans for those who choose the HMO plan. If you choose to add additional dependents this will be at a reduced cost to you and deducted from your paycheck each pay period (pre-tax). The amount will vary depending on the plan you select. Carrier Johnson + CULTURE 401(k) plan does not include any matching. In addition to offering the 401(k) plan Carrier Johnson + CULTURE offers an Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
You will accrue vacation at a rate of 3.33 hours for each pay period, (80 hours per year, or 2 weeks) for the first 4 years. 5.00 hours for each pay period begins accruing after 4 years (120 hours per year, or 3 weeks). In addition to your vacation accrual, you will receive eight (8) paid holidays and you will receive forty eight (48) hours sick leave per year immediately upon hire.
At Carrier Johnson +CULTURE we offer two regular work schedules: 8 hours/5 days per week or a 9 hours Monday thru Thursday and a 4 hour Friday. Within these hours we offer a hybrid work model of in office and remote working.
Benefits Highlights 2023
Rates and plans are subject to change on an annual basis
We are happy to share with you the benefit plans we have to offer. Contributory plan details are included as attachments to this letter, you will also find attached, an employee bi-weekly contribution schedule for your cost considerations.
A list of contributory plans that we offer are:
- Medical – No cost for employee only when they choose the HMO Plan (Seattle Employees have PPO option only available to them at no cost for employee only)
- HMO plan UHC Gold Signature Value 30-60/20%/$500 Deductible
- PPO plan UHC Gold Select Plus 25/500/20%
- Kaiser Gold 80 HMO 250/25
- United Health Dental PPO Plan
- United Health (Vision) Plan
- Flexible Spending plan for medical and/ or dependent care expenses
- $50 per month allowance for cell phone usage (to be expensed monthly thru accounting system)
- $50 per month allowance for internet usage (to be expensed monthly thru accounting system)
- $20 per month allowance for gym memberships (to be expensed monthly thru accounting system)
- Paid parking when requested
- 401(k) plan with before tax/after tax contribution options, available after 30 days of employment
- Auto Enrollment will begin after first 30 days of employment at rate of 6%
- Voluntary plans for Supplemental Life Insurance, Short-term disability, Long-term disability, Cancer, and accident through MetLife
- Legal Shield Legal plan
- Aflac Medical plan
- Additional Life Insurance plan increase up to 5x base salary (not to exceed $500,000) with employee Premium contribution
- No additional compensation offered for opting out of the plans
Carrier Johnson + CULTURE sponsored plans you will be enrolled in
- Short-term Disability Insurance -thru Principal: Up to 60% of base weekly earnings (up to $2,308 per week). Benefits payable through 24 weeks of disability
- Long-term Disability Insurance – thru Principal: Up to 60% of base monthly earnings (up to $10,000 per month for all active full-time employees.) Benefit begins after 180 days of disability. Benefits payable for 24 months
- Accidental Death Insurance thru Principal: Amount equal to your Basic Life Insurance
- 50K Life Insurance plus one times base salary up to a Maximum Life Benefit of $250,000
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Assistance Program
- Chiropractic Care Available for Employee only. Includes up to 20 annual visits to In-network providers with $15 co-pay each visit.
Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Vesting in the ESOP commences at 20% per year following two years of employment.
- The first year of employment must exceed 1000 hours prior to September 1st of that year. The Plan is managed by The Newport Group
- Less Than 2 Years of Employment – Vesting 0%
- 2 Years of Employment – Vesting at 20%
- 3 Years of Employment – Vesting at 40%
- 4 Years of Employment – Vesting at 60%
- 5 Years of Employment – Vesting at 80%
- 6 Years of Employment – Vesting at 100%
Salary is commensurate with experience.
$120,000 – $140,000