Principal, Director of Los Angeles Office – Los Angeles
Support the firm’s design ethos – seek high design solutions inspired by authentic design influences…seek design concepts informed by real conditions. A firm wide leader that pursues work directly with clients, lands work, and gets it executed well. Beyond recruiting new client opportunities, a principal looks for repeat opportunities with existing clients. A principal also looks to expand CJ+C services into new markets whenever possible. Within their area of expertise/market sector, a principal develops a business plan and then follows through with it passionately. They need to be an innovator dedicated to improving the bottom line of the firm and also raising the quality of work produced by the firm. It is critical for principals to review staff working for them and serve as a mentor to those less experienced. Principals also need to select the most qualified design consultants and evaluate their performance on each project. Finally, they should exert a leadership role in community and professional organizations that further the firm’s goals.
Business Development Influence:
- Provide a national client following via past client interaction
- Develop effective strategy for national client “subscription” design services
- Consistently execute a new business development program generating opportunities commensurate with firm revenue goals and objectives set collectively for each fiscal year.
- Create a pro-active program focused on recruiting talent required to be a consistent and recognized national leader in interior design.
- Enthuse an attitude and participation by all interior design staff in relevant community service.
- Minimum 10 years of experience leading projects (from a design or technical perspective)
- Active mentoring of staff and consultants
- Champion of a market sector or area of practice
- Clear client following
- Consistently producing new work
- Attained Licensure (if appropriate)
- Insuring firm profitability
- Understanding and advocate financial responsibility
- Demonstrated capacity to identify, organize, and execute software technology strategies/implementations for state of the art expressions of design intent on behalf of desired design ideas.
- Practical knowledge of various industry wide typical software systems: CADD at the rendering level, BIM, Revit, Organizational Management, Project Scheduling, SketchUp, InDesign and Microsoft.
Attractive compensation and benefits
Jackie Angel, Principal Director of Operations