Marketing Proposal Specialist- San Diego
Carrier Johnson + CULTURE – Marketing Proposal Specialist
Carrier Johnson + CULTURE (CJ+C) is a design-centric architectural, interior design, and strategic branding practice focused on creating individualized design solutions for higher education, public buildings, corporate workplace environments, advanced technology + life science clientele, multifamily residential developments, and mixed-use compositions (including hospitality uses). Established in 1977, the firm maintains headquarters offices in San Diego, with branch outlets in Los Angeles, New York, and Seattle.
CJ+C approaches design through the exploration of authentic connections between design opportunity and existing environmental context – this includes social, physical, historical, and aesthetic influences – this exploration is an attempt to reveal opportunities within a real framework. A balance is sought between aesthetic, experiential, and functional qualities, serving to define a project’s individuality and unique expression.
The Marketing Proposal Specialist is a proactive and resourceful self-starter, able to prioritize and produce with multiple deadlines while providing enthusiastic support for the daily marketing activities at CJ+C. The Marketing Specialist is responsible for supporting the creation and delivery of qualifications, technical proposals, solicitation responses, and interview presentations. This critical team member also provides ongoing support in the areas of social media, website, intranet, OpenAsset, and the CRM database.
Below are samples of what this position will be responsible for, but please note this list is not inclusive of all possible tasks.
- Prepare qualifications packages and RFQ/RFP responses for architecture, planning, landscape, and interior design services
- Work with technical staff to develop proposal responses, including scopes of services, approaches, and related fee proposals
- Solicit proposal content from subconsultants
- Lead the proposal process and schedule
- Prepare presentation materials for interview using PowerPoint
- Support the interview process and schedule
- Create market sector booklets (printed and electronically) to support BD and outreach efforts
- Obtain information about new projects for incorporation into project briefs
- Update client references and marketing database
- Create branded resumes for new employees and maintain staff resumes
Website and Intranet
- Refresh website with new design projects, expanded services, new team members, new offices, awards, updated project imagery, employee photos, press coverage, company milestones, etc.
- Add headshots and talent bios of new employees
- Add new project photos
Communications and Business Development
- Maintain social media accounts: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Prepare ads for sponsorships, career fairs, and special events
- Update mailing lists
- Maintain current CRM database
- Opportunity tracking and leads research
The Ideal Candidate:
- BS degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 4-7 years of experience in AEC marketing and proposal preparation
- must be proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud and PowerPoint
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- a team player with strong critical thinking, organizational, and analytical skills
- an ability to take direction and work independently while prioritizing tasks associated with simultaneous deadlines
- positive contributor to the overall office, department goals, culture, and morale
If you are looking for a new opportunity to expand your skillset and engage with a growing team, then we want to hear from you! Please send your resume, cover letter, and relevant work samples to the recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please redact any sensitive or confidential information prior to sending. Thank you!
Carrier Johnson Benefits Summary
Carrier Johnson + CULTURE also supports and will provide one paid membership to a professional organization related to your employment area of interest. Pursuit of other professional certifications and licenses may also be supported. You and Jackie will discuss these opportunities when establishing your yearly career goals. The value of these items will need to be approved prior to attending.
Health, Disability, Retirement and Other Benefits and Amenities
As a regular, full-time employee, you are eligible to participate in all of Carrier Johnson + CULTURE sponsored benefits, plans and activities. Carrier Johnson + CULTURE offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan and flexible spending programs. Carrier Johnson + CULTURE is pleased to provide 100% coverage for employee medical, dental and vision plans for those who choose the HMO plan. If you choose to add additional dependents this will be at a reduced cost to you and deducted from your paycheck each pay period (pre-tax). The amount will vary depending on the plan you select. Carrier Johnson + CULTURE 401(k) plan does not include any matching. In addition to offering the 401(k) plan Carrier Johnson + CULTURE offers an Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
You will accrue vacation at a rate of 3.33 hours for each pay period, (80 hours per year, or 2 weeks) for the first 4 years. 5.00 hours for each pay period begins accruing after 4 years (120 hours per year, or 3 weeks).
In addition to your vacation accrual, you will receive eight (8) paid holidays and you will receive forty eight (48) hours sick leave per year immediately upon hire.
At Carrier Johnson +CULTURE we offer two regular work schedules: 8 hours/5 days per week or a 9 hours Monday thru Thursday and a 4 hour Friday. Within these hours we offer a hybrid work model of in office and remote working.
This offer of employment is contingent upon presentation of valid documents that establish and verify your identity and employment eligibility, please refer to USCIS form I-9 instructions which indicate acceptable documents for this purpose. Please bring the original of these valid verification documents with you on your first day of employment. Your employment will be at will, meaning that either your or Carrier Johnson + CULTURE can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause.
Benefits Highlights 2023
Rates and plans are subject to change on an annual basis
We are happy to share with you the benefit plans we have to offer. Contributory plan details are included as attachments to this letter, you will also find attached, an employee bi-weekly contribution schedule for your cost considerations.
A list of contributory plans that we offer are:
- Medical – No cost for employee only when they choose the HMO Plan (Seattle Employees have PPO option only available to them at no cost for employee only)
- HMO plan UHC Gold Signature Value 30-60/20%/$500 Deductible
- PPO plan UHC Gold Select Plus 25/500/20%
- Kaiser Gold 80 HMO 250/25
- United Health Dental PPO Plan
- United Health (Vision) Plan
- Flexible Spending plan for medical and/ or dependent care expenses
- $50 per month allowance for cell phone usage (to be expensed monthly thru accounting system)
- $50 per month allowance for internet usage (to be expensed monthly thru accounting system)
- $20 per month allowance for gym memberships (to be expensed monthly thru accounting system)
- Paid parking when requested
- 401(k) plan with before tax/after tax contribution options, available after 30 days of employment
- Auto Enrollment will begin after first 30 days of employment at rate of 6%
- Voluntary plans for Supplemental Life Insurance, Short-term disability, Long-term disability, Cancer, and accident through MetLife
- Legal Shield Legal plan
- Aflac Medical plan
- Additional Life Insurance plan increase up to 5x base salary (not to exceed $500,000) with employee Premium contribution.
- No additional compensation offered for opting out of the plans
A list of Carrier Johnson + CULTURE sponsored plans you will be enrolled in.
- Short-term Disability Insurance -thru Principal: Up to 60% of base weekly earnings (up to $2,308 per week). Benefits payable through 24 weeks of disability
- Long-term Disability Insurance – thru Principal: Up to 60% of base monthly earnings (up to $10,000 per month for all active full-time employees.) Benefit begins after 180 days of disability. Benefits payable for 24 months.
- Accidental Death Insurance thru Principal: Amount equal to your Basic Life Insurance.
- 50K Life Insurance plus one times base salary up to a Maximum Life Benefit of $250,000
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Assistance Program
- Chiropractic Care Available for Employee only. Includes up to 20 annual visits to In-network providers with $15 co-pay each visit.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Vesting in the ESOP commences at 20% per year following two years of employment
- The first year of employment must exceed 1000 hours prior to September 1st of that year. The Plan is managed by The Newport Group
- Less Than 2 Years of Employment – Vesting 0%
- 2 Years of Employment – Vesting at 20%
- 3 Years of Employment – Vesting at 40%
- 4 Years of Employment – Vesting at 60%
- 5 Years of Employment – Vesting at 80%
- 6 Years of Employment – Vesting at 100%
Salary commensurate with experience
$75,000 – $95,000 USD