Landscape Designer – San Diego
Carrier Johnson + Culture is a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural design firm with a newly established landscape architectural and urban design group. The landscape architecture and urban design group has a broad range of public and private clientele. Our work is complex, impactful, fast-paced and exciting thriving on collaboration and discussion. This approach blends the talents and skillsets from architecture, landscape architecture and interior design to create unique and functional environments appropriate to the ecological, cultural and social aspects of all the communities we work for and live in. The diversity of our work includes urban design, campus master-plans, hospitality, mixed-use developments, urban residential, retail, ecologically sensitive open space and master-planned communities. The focus of our work strives to blend sustainability with density appropriate design to enhance and identify communities holistically.
We have an immediate opening for a Landscape Designer position in our downtown San Diego Office. An ideal candidate is a motivated, passionate, articulate and talented designer who enjoys a collaborative setting, is confident in conveying ideas, listening and understands personal time management as an important tool for efficient task completion on a team level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture and subsequent entry level or up to three (3) years of experience in a landscape architectural firm
- Drafting knowledge of construction documentation, detailing and specifications
- Proficiency with AutoCAD is required and a working knowledge of Revit is preferred
- Other skills utilized in the office include: SketchUp, Lumion, 3D Studio Max, Adobe Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Additional expertise is preferred in one or more of the following focus areas:
- understanding of spatial composition
- understanding of plant material and practiced planting methods
- computer simulations and/or hand graphics
- sustainable design (Sustainable Sites Initiative or LEED)
- irrigation design and construction knowledge
Salary is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive compensation package including medical, dental insurance, a 401(k) and ESOP program, along other excellent benefits. To be considered, please send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and work samples to email@example.com