Interior Design Job Captain – San Diego
Carrier Johnson Is a design-centric architectural, interior design, and strategic branding practice, focused on creating individualized design solutions for higher education, public buildings, corporate workplace environments, advanced technology + life science clientele, multi-family residential developments, and mixed-use compositions, including hospitality, uses.
Established in 1977, the firm maintains headquarters offices in San Diego, with branch outlets in the City of Los Angeles, California, New York, and Seattle.
Carrier Johnson + CULTURE approaches design through the exploration of the authentic connections between design opportunity and existing environmental context – this includes: social, physical, historical, & aesthetic influences– this exploration is in an attempt to reveal opportunities within a real framework. A balance is sought between aesthetic, experiential, and functional qualities, serving to define a project’s individuality and unique expression.
Large architecture/interiors firm with great projects and great culture is looking for the right people to join the team and grow with us. We want talent, dedication, attention to detail, and the ability to work as a team. You need to get excited about big ideas and be willing to slog through the trenches to make them happen. The perfect candidate will have an excellent design portfolio, a passion for designing both beautiful objects and rich experiences, the ability to really listen to the client and your teammates, a passion for integrating code and technical requirements as part of the solution, high-level craft in the excellence of all forms of communication from email to construction documents, and pride but not ego in the work that you do. You will have the opportunity to engage in all aspects of the project and your advancement will be up to you, judged by the quality of the work that you do – high design, great organization, and great execution.
This position requires the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 8-10 years of experience in related field
- Must be proficient in Revit
- Basic knowledge of functional analysis and space planning principles
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field
- Knowledge of interior code requirements
- Ability to interpret specifications and layouts
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Presentation software knowledge a plus (Photoshop/other)
This position is responsible for the following:
- Supporting the lead designer and project managers on your projects
- Executing tasks as required by the team which may include client interface, research, design, presentation, construction documents, finish selection, construction site visits, and other tasks
- Tracking schedule, contract, and deliverables as required by the team
- At all times, delivering products and services with a great attitude and the highest professional standards
To be considered, please send a cover letter, resume, and work samples to email@example.com