Design Intern – Seattle
Carrier Johnson + CULTURE is a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural design firm with locations in San Diego, Los Angeles & Seattle. We are seeking a motivated Architectural Intern to work collaboratively in a team environment, performing design and technical production of documents in Revit through all phases of architecture in our Seattle office. This role includes coordinating with the project team, clients, and regulatory agencies.
- Support the firm’s design ethos – seek high design solutions inspired by authentic design influences…seek design concepts informed by real conditions
- Basic hand drawing and physical model building skills.
- Proficiency in Design, Problem Solving, Sustainable Design and emerging computer technologies.
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Sketch Up graphic software preferred.
- Basic knowledge of architectural building systems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM), prepare and modify architectural documents at the direction of the project designer or more senior design professionals, ensuring alignment with design intent and firm standards.
- Develops solutions to technical and design problems.
- Integrates Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Prepares 2D and 3D design materials for client/project team review.
- Performs product research; assists project designers and project architects with material selection and system research.
- May assist team in the construction administration phase.
- Fosters a commitment to design excellence and client service.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in architecture
- 0 to 4 years’ experience.
To be considered, please send a cover letter, resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org