Construction Administrator – San Diego
Carrier Johnson is a design-centric architectural, interior design, and strategic branding practice, focused on creating individualized design solutions for higher education, public buildings, corporate workplace environments, advanced technology + life science clientele, multi-family residential developments, and mixed-use compositions, including hospitality uses.
Established in 1977, the firm maintains headquarters offices in San Diego, with branch outlets in the City of Los Angeles, California, New York and Seattle.
Carrier Johnson + CULTURE approaches design through exploration of the authentic connections between design opportunity and existing environmental context – this includes: social, physical, historical, & aesthetic influences– this exploration is in an attempt to reveal opportunities within a real framework. A balance is sought between aesthetic, experiential, and functional qualities, serving to define a project’s individuality and unique expression.
Carrier Johnson is seeking qualified professionals to serve in the role of Construction Administrator. Architectural and/or Engineering license required.
Experience in the following areas is required:
- Answer questions from bidders and issue Bid Addendum if necessary to clarify the plans and specifications
- Analyze bids and bid alternates and prepare final report
- Conduct preconstruction meeting with contractors to review project requirements
- Site visits and construction meetings for project status reporting to our Clients
- Coordinate review of shop drawings and sample submittals
- Review and process contractor’s applications for payment
- Coordination, as necessary, with utility purveyors and local jurisdictional agencies
- Prepare proposal requests and change orders for modifications to the work
- Issuance of Substantial Completion Statement toward end of project
- Conduct final punch list inspection
- Collect contractor’s closeout submittals i.e. product warranties, O&M manuals, balancing reports and lien waivers
- Review and process contractor’s final request for payment
- Has software experience with:
To be considered, please send cover letter, resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org