Architectural Designer – Seattle
Carrier Johnson + Culture Seattle
Carrier Johnson + CULTURE is a multi-cultural design firm with locations in San Diego, Los Angeles, New York and most recently Seattle. Our work is, impactful, fast-paced, and exciting, thriving on collaboration and discussion. This approach blends the talents and skill sets from architecture, landscape architecture, and interior design to create unique and functional environments appropriate to the ecological, cultural and social aspects of all the communities we work for and in. The diversity of our work includes urban design, campus master-plans, hospitality, mixed use developments, urban residential, retail, higher education, and workplace.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture.
- Five to eight years of experience designing architectural projects of various scales and types
- Ability to work independently to develop creative design for projects from concept design to construction documents.
- Team player comfortable working in a project team with junior, senior designers, and managers.
- Ability to interpret a client’s project vision and translate it into a project program to develop specific design ideas.
- Experienced in land use, building and other codes as they apply to various projects types and jurisdictions.
- Familiar with preparing feasibility studies for highest and best use.
- Experience in directing, reviewing and coordinating work of consultants.
- Proven and strong presentation and communication skills.
- Working experience in REVIT
- Proficient in design, presentation and documentation software programs such as Sketch up, AutoCAD, Photoshop, In Design and Illustrator.
- Proficiency in rendering software
- Understanding of sustainable practices
- Prepare feasibility studies for highest and best use.
- Lead and collaborate in the design vision and develop design documents for review and presentation to internal and external teams including government agencies, client groups and design review boards.
- Prepare and deliver design presentations to different groups and in various formats.
- Collaborate with Carrier Johnson + CULTURE’s project and leadership teams.
To Join the Carrier Johnson Team, You invest in yourself and
- Take pride in your work
- Are self-motivated and take initiatives
- Dependable and sincere
- Have integrity, honesty and dedication
- Provide clear, concise and organized resume and work examples that represent you.
Salary is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive compensation package including medical, dental insurance, a 401(k) and ESOP program, along other excellent benefits. To be considered, please send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org